We accept registration all throughout the year, however, there is a deadline in order to participate in the Annual Recital: January 31st.
TUITION FEES & PAYMENTS
• Tuition rates are for the full season (September-June, including studio holidays), not by the number of classes in the month. A full season of dance includes a minimum of 37 lessons. Tuition fees are paid monthly or annually.
• Tuition is due on the 1stof the month and will be automatically charged to your debit/credit card on file on the 4thof the month.
• Accounts not paid by the 4thof the month will have a late fee assessed for $25.
Recital costumes will be paid by automatic bank account debit or automatic credit card payment on December 4thand January 4th.
• Siblings receive a 5% discount on tuition.
Dancers are encouraged to take advantage of our Multi-Class Discount for maximum progress & value.
WITHDRAWAL FROM CLASS
If for any reason you decide to discontinue your classes, you are not obligated to pay for the balance of the school year, however you will be responsible for any balance due.
If discontinuing classes, you must notify the office in writing by the 15thof the month, by filling out our class drop form.
RESCHEDULING AND SUBSTITUTION
• IMDC reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regular teacher is ill or is otherwise unable to teach. IMDC reserves the right to reschedule or combine classes.
REFUNDS/CREDIT ON ACCOUNT
• Refunds are only issued when IMDC cancels a class due to low enrollment.
• Account credit will be issued when the student initiates the schedule change. Credit will be applied to any IMDC tuition or fees due within one year.
LOST AND FOUND AND SECURITY
• A lost and found basket is located in the lobby. Please check the lost and found basket regularly as all lost and found items are donated to Goodwill on the 1st and 15th of each month.
• Security cameras are located in public areas for safety and security.
At IMDC we go to great lengths to keep you informed and up to date.
• Monthly E-Newsletter, Email, Facebook and Lobby Communication Center
“Student/Parent Handbook” and “Recital Guide” - Published on your Parent Portal
• Questions - We are happy to answer any questions you may have regarding your dancer or our programs. Let us know if we can help you in any way!
Regular attendance is vital to student progress and group choreography. Please make every effort to attend each class. Students may make up missed classes until May 1st. Pease email or call the studio office to schedule your make up class. If you miss more than two of the final eight classes before recital you may be dismissed from participating in the recital routine at the discretion of the teacher.
The last 10 minutes of the last lesson of each month is open to observation. Other observation is at the teacher's discretion. We ask that you observe quietly and that siblings are monitored and quiet during observations.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
In the event of inclement weather, an email and text will be sent and a Facebook post made by 12:00pm if classes are cancelled (by 8:00am for morning classes). Please note: we usuallyfollow Grand Ledge Public Schools for weather related closings. Any cancelled classes may be made up on your own time from our regular schedule of classes.
SIGNATURE POSTER FUNDRAISER
Looking for an easy way to pay for recital costumes, performance fees and tuition? Design a Signature Poster! Design a poster board however you like, get signatures ON your poster. The more signatures, the more money you raise. Each signature = $1.00 donation. Posters and money are due November 30th. Fundraiser begins November 1st.
REFER A FRIEND
Thank You to our valued Dance Families who support and encourage others to attend In Motion Dance Center for their Dance Education.
**IMDC Referral for New Dance Families Only.
**Offer not valid for returning IMDC Dance Families from previous seasons.
**New Student must be enrolled for a minimum of 3 months in order to receive the referral credit
**No Maximum! The more students you refer, the more $$$ you can save on Costumes, Performance Fee, Dancewear, Shoes and Tuition!
**Student must mention your name at time of enrollment on his/her enrollment form to receive credit for the referral.
RECITAL COSTUME ORDERS/EXCHANGES
• All classes have a costume unless noted on the schedule.
• Recital costumes will be paid by automatic bank account debit or automatic credit card payment on November 15 and are not refundable.
Costumes are ordered over Christmas break. Costumes will not be ordered unless payment is received in full.
Students are measured for costumes in classes and they will be delivered in April-May.
• Each June, we end our season with our fully-staged, professional
Recital at the Grand Ledge High School auditorium. We encourage, but do not require, participation.
• Recital dates and mandatory dress rehearsal dates are published in the September Newsletter. Specific show assignments are published in the February Newsletter. Specific rehearsal assignments are published in the March Newsletter.
• Special requests to adjust rehearsal and recital times are accepted until February 1st. We attempt to accommodate every school's activities while meeting the technical demands of the show. Our priority is to prepare your children for the performance experience of a lifetime!
Call 517-925-8671 to make an appointment
“Dance is the hidden language of the soul.”
― Martha Graham
8741 W. Saginaw Hwy
, Lansing, MI 48917
, 517-925-8671, firstname.lastname@example.org